Keep calm and carry on right ?
There has been a real felt pressure societally that when life throws you lemons you just make lemonade. You should accept your challenges and make the most of them.
That is rubbish. Sometimes it feels crappy, unfair, hard. Why when it feels this way do we still have to put on our positive pants. Today for example, I hurt from head to toe, tinnitus ringing in my ears, headache, breathing is painful, fatigue equivalent to feeling like I'm being sat on by a herd of elephants and heart is racing. If I'm open and honest about this it's seen as moaning, being negative, letting it win or attention seeking. But it's none of those things. I simply want to acknowledge that today I don't feel positive I feel sad, isolated, and unwell. Tomorrow may feel different but today that's just how I feel and that should be ok to be honest about !
I don't wanna make lemonade from today's lemons I want to chuck them at the next person that tells me to cheer up ! :)
Comments
Post a Comment